The DP Simulator Course is the third step in the training program to get a DP certificate. Once completed the induction course and familiarization period this course focus more on different DP operations and different errors and fault that can arise for the DP operator. It also includes a refresh on DP principles, analysis of different DP incidents and accidents but the main focus is to complete full scenario DP training
Nautical Officers who wish to serve on a vessel or platform equipped with a DP System.
DP Basic/Induction course and at least 30 days approved familiarization onboard a DP Vessel. Certificate of competence is at least Swedish class V.
- Refresh on different DP functions
- Practical operation of the system
- Different DP operations and the procedures around these
- DP alarm, warnings and emergency procedures
- Important information about the new Standard
Due to the new certification scheme that entered into force 1/1 – 2015, it’s required by Nautical Institute that all participants on a DP simulator course undertakes a Practical Assessment Test at the end of the simulator course. This also applies to candidates on the old scheme, if candidates fail this test you will not be approved on the course.
During the test you will be individually asked to set up the Vessel on DP Auto positioning mode, instructions will be handed over to you before the course start.
According to new rules that entered in to force 1/1-2016, students under STCW training can now attend the DP Simulator course. However this only concerns students in the new scheme and they need to have phase A and B completed
For further information visit http://www.nautinst.org/en/dynamic-positioning/index.cfm or contact DP Training Manager Mats Gruvefeldt.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 031-772 2239
Full refund of educational program/course fees will be made for reservations cancelled no later than eight weeks prior to the start of the program/course. Later cancellations incur a cancellation fee as follows:
- 2 weeks or less prior to program start 100% of the educational program/course fee
- 2-4 weeks prior to program start 50% of the educational program/course fee
- 4-8 weeks prior to program start 25% of the educational program/course fee, for educations in the Shipping area: 0% of the educational program/course fee
We are always willing to consider a colleague as a substitute for the original applicant. Cancellation and postponement must be made in writing. Cancellation of accommodation is subject to the cancellation policies of the hotels.