This two-day course will give you the knowledge and skills you need to fulfill your role as Designated Person Ashore (DPA) in accordance with International Maritime Organisation (IMO) guidance and recommendations.
Who will benefit
Prerequisites for delegates:
Knowledge of the ISM Code, management systems auditing training and experience preferable i.e. completion of the Lloyd’s Register’s ISM Internal Auditor training course.
The ISM Code provides an international standard for the safe management and operation of ships,and for pollution prevention. Under the Code, shipowners and charterers are required to establish and implement a safety management policy, supported by ‘a person or persons ashore having direct access to the highest level of management’.
Through interactive presentations, group discussions, case studies and individual and syndicate exercises, you’ll cover a wide range of relevant topics:
• Roles and responsibilities of DPAand legal implications
• Problems facing DPAs and ISM today
• Effective communication with internal and external parties
• Mandatory rules, regulations and other applicable industry guidance
• ISM code amendments and risk assessment techniques
• Continual improvement process, effectiveness of internal audits, root cause analysis and measuring the system’s performance.
• Port State Control and PR17 issues
• Effective training and drills
• Safety culture and human element issues.
Full refund of educational program/course fees will be made for reservations cancelled no later than four weeks prior to the start of the program/course. Later cancellations incur a cancellation fee as follows:
- 2 weeks or less prior to program start 100% of the educational program/course fee
- 2-4 weeks prior to program start 50% of the educational program/course fee, for educations in the Shipping area: 0% of the educational program/course fee
We are always willing to consider a colleague as a substitute for the original applicant. Cancellation and postponement must be made in writing. Cancellation of accommodation is subject to the cancellation policies of the hotels.