We offer Basic and Advanced Polar code courses for officers and operators
Officers and Operators
IMO Polar Code regulation came into force 1st of January 2017. It regulates all training and certification for officers working in Arctic/Antarctic regions. All SOLAS ships will be affected by this new regulation, and officers must be STCW certified.
• Winterization and hypothermia
• Preparedness for emergency situations in Polar areas
• Voyage planning/navigation and maneuvering
• Effects of weather and current
• Recognition of ice formations and characteristics
• Icebreaker assistance
• Polar Code and MARPOL
• Regulatory framework
• Ice classes and ship design
• True life situation simulator exercises
Education Partner: North Ice Consulting
Full refund of educational program/course fees will be made for reservations cancelled no later than four weeks prior to the start of the program/course. Later cancellations incur a cancellation fee as follows:
- 2 weeks or less prior to program start 100% of the educational program/course fee
- 2-4 weeks prior to program start 50% of the educational program/course fee.
We are always willing to consider a colleague as a substitute for the original applicant. Cancellation and postponement must be made in writing. Cancellation of accommodation is subject to the cancellation policies of the hotels.